JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Do this/ Observe all

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age." (Matthew 28: 19 – 20)

"Then he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, 'This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me." (Luke 22: 19)

At the Last Supper, Jesus instructed the disciples to observe the Sacred Meal in remembrance of Him. Before ascending into heaven, He gave the great commission to His disciples and asked them to observe everything He taught them. It was not enough to believe what He taught them but they must observe and do as well.

Reading leads to forgetfulness. Practice leads to remembrance. The disciples were to teach their new converts to practice the faith. Practice leads to tradition.

"I glorify you on earth by accomplishing the work that you gave me to do." (John 17: 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2