JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Call and the Promise

"In truth, I tell you, there is no one who has left house, brothers, sisters, mother, father, children or land for my sake and for the sake of the gospel, who will not receive a hundred times as much, houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and land – and persecutions too – now in the present time and , in the world to come, eternal life." (Mark 10: 10: 29-30)

Whenever I read the above scripture, I think of the many priests, religious, missionaries and all those that live the consecrated life. Is the above promise true in their regard, I wonder? From what I can tell from those of them that I know, the promise is absolutely true. God is faithful. He is not a man to lie. But a few that are called, seem to overlook the fulfillment of this promise and present a sometimes sorry image to the world. Do they listen to word of man more than they listen to the word of God? Just as your heart follows your treasure, so does your mind follow the preponderance of the words it receives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2