JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, July 20, 2009

The Egyptians

"Fear not! Stand your ground, and you will see the victory the Lord will win for you today. These Egyptians whom you see today you will never see again. The Lord himself will fight for you; you have only to keep still." (Exodus 14: 13-14)

About fifteen years ago, I was in deep crisis with regard to my job and my future. I was in a hotel room and I could not sleep. I took up the Bible on the night stand, flipped it open and it fell on the above passage. I read it and was gripped by the message. I saw clearly my dire circumstances as the "Egyptians." I believed what I read. The "Egyptians" could be overcome with the help of God. I prayed and my conviction increased that God could help me to overcome the Egyptians. The critical moment of test arrived and God helped me to overcome the "Egyptians."

Since then, I had learned that prayer is the efficient cause for answer to our needs. I have also learned what faith means. It is the conviction that what God says is true. And growth in faith? It is the deepening of the conviction through experience that as God had acted previously in a crisis, He could act similarly in the present emergency.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2