JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Firm Belief

"Blessed are you, O Virgin Mary, for your firm believing, that the promises of the Lord would be fulfilled." (Luke 1: 45, Mass of the Blessed Virgin Mary)

The angel of the Lord declared to Mary that she would conceive by the power of the Holy Spirit and give birth to the Son of God. Although, eye had never seen nor ear heard of such a thing, Mary believed firmly in God's promise. She knew that He who made the promise is faithful. It became done unto her according to her belief.

How do I emulate Mary's firm belief? What are God's promises to me here and now?

  • The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. (Psalm 23)
  • If God is with me, who can be against me? (Romans 8: 31)
  • God indeed is my savior; I am confident and unafraid. (Isaiah 12: 2-3)
  • Yahweh will do the fighting for me. (Exodus 14: 14)
  • "Fear is useless; what is needed is trust." (Luke 8:50)

Isaiah says that faith that is firm is also patient. Like Mary I believe that God who made the above promises is faithful. He is not a man to lie nor is His hand too short to perform. God accomplishes whatever He wills come what may.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2