JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Answer to Prayers 2

"In truth I tell you once again, if two of you on earth agree to ask anything at all, it will be granted to you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three meet in my name, I am there among them." (Matthew 18: 19 – 20)

When I meditated on the above scripture in 1999, I had a hot wish. Filled with faith, I called a number of friends to pray in agreement with me for an answer to that desire. Today, 2010, I am still waiting for an answer. What happened? What went wrong? Is Jesus unfaithful to His promises?

My understanding of prayer has grown since I responded to this scripture the way I did in 1999. Looking back at my frantic prayer and the apparent No Answer to that prayer, I feel like somebody who knows the mind of Jesus better today than I did in 1999. I feel that Jesus is saying to me: "I have heard your prayer. Just trust me completely with your life. You will have nothing to regret." I know and believe that Jesus is in control. I have come to see and believe that He knows what is best for me. I have peace and I surrender. Answer or no answer does not matter as much as knowing that Jesus is with me here and now. My devotion to Jesus has not lessened. On the contrary, it has increased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2