JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Holy Spirit the Teacher

"But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you." (John 14: 26, RSV)

This promise is all inclusive. The Holy Spirit will teach me "all things" that I need for my labor of love. What He does not teach me, I do not need to know. The Holy Spirit will also remind me all that Jesus has said to me. This includes everything that Jesus said to me from my childhood to now. I remember one particular thing Jesus said to me as a young man which I call to mind every day:

"I promise to be your strength in proportion to the trust you place on me."

My response to this has always been: "Lord, you know that I want to place 100% trust in you so that I can enjoy your full strength in my life. Help me Lord to trust you completely in everything today."

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2