JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, January 07, 2011

Spirit of truth

"I still have many things to say to you but they would be too much for you to bear now.

However when the Spirit of truth comes he will lead you to the complete truth, since he will not be speaking of his own accord, but will say only what he has been told; and he will reveal to you the things to come." (John 16: 12-14)

  • Spirit of truth
  • Spirit and truth
  • Spirit and revelation
  • Spirit and memory

John 16: 12-14 is an incredible promise to a man whose purpose in life is to learn and share the truth. The Holy Spirit will be my teacher. He will teach me everything I need to know about Jesus.

How will the Spirit minister teaching to me? The word of God is the primary source. Apart from the word of God, the sacred liturgy of the Church especially the Eucharist is a key resource. I think it was St. Thomas Aquinas who said that he learned a great deal of his theology from the Mass. I feel the same way. The Holy Spirit will teach me everything that I need to know for my ministry in the Bible and the teachings of the Church about Jesus.

The Spirit will give me an insatiable appetite for truth and learning. I have great hunger to learn everything I can about Christ.

The Spirit will use selected books and biographies to teach me about Jesus. Below are some of my patron saints who have been taught about Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit:

  • Augustine
  • John Chrysostom
  • Peter Canisius
  • Louis de Monfort
  • Josemaria
  • Therese of Lisieux
  • Stephen
  • John Henry Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2