JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, February 04, 2011

Be content with what you have

“Let your life be free from love of money but be content with what you have, for he has said, I will never forsake you or abandon you. Thus we may say with confidence: The Lord is my helper, and I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?” (Hebrews 13: 5-6)
“Let your life be free from the love of money...” What constitutes my life? They are: my desires, my thoughts, my words and my actions. If we have inordinate desire for money, it will tend to dominate our thoughts, words and deeds.
Apart from being free from love of money, God commands us to “be content with we have.” You may ask “What if I have little?” It does not matter. Be content with the little. The rationale for such a radical prescription is that God has promised: “I will never forsake you or abandon you.” Does God have the power and the will to back such a great promise? I know that God is all powerful, all-loving and generous. God is able and God is willing. Knowing all the above, we can say with certainty and confidence: “The Lord is my helper, and I will not be afraid.” The best reasons for not being afraid in the ups and downs of my finances are:
• God Himself is my helper.
• God is able and willing to help me.
St. Augustine tells us to examine our beliefs every morning as a person looks at her face in the mirror and ask ourselves:
Do we truly believe what we profess? If the answer is YES, we can rejoice and claim our promises. God is always faithful and true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2