JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Be Strong and show yourself a man

Be Strong and show yourself a man


"1 When the time of David's death drew near, he gave these instructions to his son Solomon: 2 "I am going the way of all mankind. Take courage and be a man. 3 Keep the mandate of the LORD, your God, following his ways and observing his statutes, commands, ordinances, and decrees as they are written in the law of Moses, that you may succeed in whatever you do, wherever you turn, 4 and the LORD may fulfill the promise he made on my behalf when he said, 'If your sons so conduct themselves that they remain faithful to me with their whole heart and with their whole soul, you shall always have someone of your line on the throne of Israel.' " (1 Kings 2: 1 -4)
When I read the above scripture in late 1994, I was excited about it. I wanted to be productive and to succeed in whatever I do and wherever I go. I saw the key in this passage. “Keep the mandate of the LORD, your God, following his ways and observing his statutes, commands, ordinances, and decrees as they are written in the law of Moses.” Today, after many years, I am as excited by the promises in this scripture as I was at the time I came to reflect on this passage. Our Blessed Mother told me to do whatever the Son tells me.
“Blessed the upright, for he will feed on the fruit of his deeds.” (Isaiah 3: 10)
The word of God promises in several places that he will bless the labors of the person who believes and obeys him. God’s promises are spiritual laws governing everyone and everything. I ought to see my Promised Land scriptures as spiritual laws.
What is the nature of a spiritual law?
• Spiritual law depends on certain conditions for fulfillment.
• They are precise and immutable.
The only conditions necessary for God’s spiritual laws to operate in our lives are faith and prayer. St. Augustine says that these are the two things that conquer God.
“I have strength for everything through him who empowers me.” (Philippians 4: 13). This is a spiritual law that governs me.
“For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
Ten years ago, I confided to my journal the reflection below. Ten years after, I am amazed as to how things have turned out. I now have a teaching ministry in my parish. Ten years ago, I saw it as a tiny speck in the future horizon. God is faithful.
God knows the best for me. He has seen the whole pattern of the weaving of my life. He has seen the finished product. He will make a strategic match between my:
• Purpose
• Personality
• Position (environment)
1. What is my purpose? To learn and to communicate Jesus
Sources of learning:
• Mass
• Prayer
• WOG
• Bible Study
• Promised Land Scriptures
• Christian Radio
• TBN
• Teaching
2. Personality: Jesus Christ describes Himself as the Truth, the Way and the Life. Who am I? A friend and companion of Jesus.
3. Position: Tx-06, STM, SFJ
I trust God to arrange the very best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2