JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Sin

God’s goodness provided everything for David.
“I anointed you king of Israel, I saved you from Saul’s clutches, I gave you your master’s household and your master’s wives into your arms; I gave you the House of Israel and House of Judah; and, if this is still too little, I shall give you other things as well.” (2 Samuel 12: 7 – 8)
Sin is contempt of God.
Mystery of sin – the forbidden fruit
“Why did you show contempt for Yahweh by doing what displeases him?” (2 Samuel 7:9)
Sin and punishment
“Your household will never be free of the sword, since you showed contempt for me and took the wife of Uriah the Hittite, to make her your wife.” (2 Samuel 12: 10)
Sin and restitution
“He shall make fourfold restitution for the lamb.” (2 Samuel 12:6)
Sin and repentance
“I have sinned against Yahweh.” (2 Samuel 12: 13)
Sin and forgiveness
“Yahweh for his part, forgives your sin; you are not to die.” (2Samuel 12: 14)
The temptation and fall of David took place after the Prophet Nathan’s prophecy about God’s plan for David and his lineage in 2 Samuel 7: 1 – 7. David who resisted the temptation to avenge himself on Saul when he had the opportunity to kill him easily fell to the temptation of adultery. It shows that every person has his weakness. Without God, we are nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2