JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Trust in the Lord with all your heart


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, on your own intelligence do not rely; In all your ways be mindful of him, and he will make straight your paths." (Proverbs 3: 5-6)

Why is it so difficult to trust in the Lord with all our heart when we see His providence everywhere and at all times?  This is a problem that baffles me.  I see God’s providence working in my life every day.  I recognize His providential actions thank the Lord for them.  Then the next moment, I am anxious and fearful of circumstances.  Peter was walking towards Jesus on the water.  He was doing very well until he took his gaze off Jesus and focused it on the raging storms.  Then he began to sink.  Whenever I take my eyes off Jesus and focus it on the prevailing circumstances, the result is fear, worry or doubt.

How can I have my gaze focused on Jesus at all times in every circumstance?  I believe the answer to this is constant prayer.  Prayer shows our dependence on God.  When we pray, we are saying:  “Lord help me in this situation.  I cannot make it without you.”  Proverbs 3: 5-6 says that if we make this a habit in all our ways, we are assured that the Lord will make straight our paths.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2