JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Remember all His kindnesses 2


“Bless the Lord, my soul, and remember all his kindnesses, for he pardons all my faults and heals all my ills.”  (Psalm 103: 2-3)

My birthday was this past Saturday, same day as  the feast of St. Patrick.  Three times a year, I try especially to remember God’s kindnesses to me.
·         My birthday
·         Thanksgiving
·         New Year

On each occasion, I am overwhelmed by God’s kindness to me.   I thank the Holy Spirit for this gift of dynamic remembrance.  Following the cue of the psalmist, on top of my list for the kindnesses of God is always the pardon for my sins.  This is followed by the gift of good health.  To be able to function 95% of the year is a cause for much gratitude as far as health is concerned. 

For this year’s birthday, I did not just remember past favors, but I asked for a birthday gift from Jesus.  I asked for deeper faith in His provisions.  I know that He has never failed to provide everything I need.  But I sometimes worry.  I prayed for faith strong enough to deliver me from worries, fears and doubts.  In the evening of my birthday, I was inside the Church listening to a message from the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola when I heard this message:  “Ask God for what you need.”  I have asked for deeper faith for a birthday gift.  Now it is for me to believe and the gift is mine.  I believed.  And the belief brought joy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2