JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Seek the Lord in His strength


“Look to the Lord in his strength; seek to serve him continually.  Recall the wondrous deeds that he has wrought, his portents, and the judgments he has uttered.”  (Psalm 105: 4-5)

O Lord, teach me to come to you in my weakness so that you can clothe me in your strength.  Help me not to be ashamed of all my areas of weakness whether in health, family, money, job, tools, food or insecurity about the future.  Help me to trust your promise:  “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)  Help me to boast and rejoice in all my weaknesses so that your power may rest fully on me. 

Psalm 105: 4-5 also urges us to “seek to serve him continually.”  This injunction to serve the Lord continually reminds me of the new Dismissal at Mass:  “Go and glorify God with your life.”  We glorify God with our life when we seek to serve Him continually with all our time, talent and treasure.  No more dichotomies between work in the office and work in the garden or service in the Church and service in our community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2