JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Spirit of truth


"If you love me, you will keep my commandments.  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate  to be with you always, the Spirit of truth, which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you."  (John 14: 15 - 17)

Lord, I love you and want to keep your commandments.  Since I cannot keep them without your Holy Spirit to help me, please ask the Father to fill me with your precious Spirit.  Then I will keep all your commandments.
Then I will bear witness to you in the world, O Lord.  I will spread the knowledge of your name among my brothers.

Lord, you also promise that your Spirit will be with me always.  This is terrific.  If He is with me always, will He always guide me continually?  Sometimes I have problem in recognizing His continual guidance.  As we approach the celebration of Pentecost in two weeks time, I ask you to grant me the grace to always recognize the presence of your Spirit in me and to discern and accept His guidance in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2