JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, June 18, 2012

Every perfect gift comes from God the Father


"All good giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no alteration or shadow caused by change."  (James 1:17-18)

Every good gift we enjoy comes from God, who is the perfect Father.  He knows the needs of each of of His children.  Yesterday was Sunday and I enjoyed one of God's good gifts, a full Sabbath rest.  During my morning prayer on Monday, I gave thanks to God for the wonderful weekend He gave me to enjoy.  Less than an hour later, I was getting ready to leave the house.  I caught myself worrying about what the new day will  bring.  Then this scripture hit me:
"All good giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no alteration or shadow caused by change."  (James 1:17-18)

How could I think that the same God who dealt so mercifully with me during the weekend will abandon me on Monday?  Are there two Gods?  One for the weekend and the other for the weekday?  No there is only one God, the Father of mercies and God of all consolations who is the Father of lights who never changes.

My God, you are an excellent Father.  Help me to trust you on Monday as I trust you on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2