JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

May the glorious Father give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation


"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation resulting in knowledge of him. May the eyes of [your] hearts be enlightened, that you may know what is the hope that belongs to his call, what are the riches of glory in his inheritance among the holy ones,"  (Ephesians 1: 17 - 18)

What difference does it make if I know for certain that our glorious Father has given me a spirit of wisdom and revelation resulting in knowledge of Him?  This question brings to  mind  this word from Jesus:  Eternal life is to know the One true God and Jesus Christ, His Only begotten Son.  Do I feel that I have the seed of eternal life in me right here and right now?  I know for certain that the Holy Spirit dwells in me.  The scripture calls the Holy Spirit the down payment of the full gift of eternal life.  Christians can grow in the size of this deposit or down payment.  We grow in this by means of prayer, word of God, Eucharist, Sacrament of Reconciliation and other sacraments.  This is the prayer of St. Paul for the early Christian community in Ephesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2