JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, July 20, 2012

You have given me health and restored my life


"Those live whom the Lord protects; yours is the life of my spirit.
You have given me health and restored my life."  (Isaiah 38: 16)

When I read the above scripture this morning, my mind flew back to 1995.  Like Hezekiah, I was very sick and thought I was going to die.  I thought that the Lord was ready to take me in the noon time of my life.  Hezekiah cried to the Lord to spare his life and the Lord saw his tears and heard his prayer.  He healed him and gave him fifteen more years of life.

What was my reaction when I believed that I was about to be consigned to the gates of sheol for the rest of my years; when I saw my dwelling being plucked up and removed from me like a shepherd's tent?  Strangely, I was very calm.  I informed all of mine to be calm and that I was ready to go.  But God had other plans.  He healed me and I realized that those live whom the Lord protects.  The Lord gave me health and restored my life.  I resolved to serve the Lord with all my time, talent and treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2