JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

If you wish, you can make me clean


"A leper* came to him [and kneeling down] begged him and said, “If you wish, you can make me clean.”
Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand, touched him, and said to him, “I do will it. Be made clean.”  (Mark 1: 40 - 41)

This leper  teaches us a number of lesson in the art of prayer.
First, great and successful prayer is born of great need.  This man covered with leprosy has little hope of being healed.  Yet he was not fatalistic about his condition. He bides his time, waiting for the opportunity and God's appointment.  He heard about Jesus and made a leap of faith that if he could approach Him, He would heal him.  Then suddenly, the opportunity appeared and Jesus is within an approachable distance.  He could not waste this opportunity for the whole world.  He approaches Jesus.  Jesus moves nearer to him.  He knelt down and made his prayer.  "If you wish, you can make me clean."  The rest is history.

Our needs drive us to Jesus.  Lord, heal me of the leprosy in my heart that prevents me from using fully my gifts to serve you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2