JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Take up your cross and follow me


"Then he said to all, “If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.
For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it."  (Luke 9: 23 - 24)

Lord, what does it mean to deny my self today?
What does it mean to take up my cross and follow you?
Yes, of course, I wish to come after you.  But I must understand what you expect of me?  So the first grace I need today is the gift to understand  your expectations of me here and now.  How do I get this grace?

O Divine Spirit, Lord and Giver of life, source of all inspiration and power,  I turn to you now to ask for the gift of wisdom and understanding today.  Help me to discern how to deny myself today.  Grant me the grace to discern the cross or crosses that Our Lord Jesus Christ wants me to take up and follow Him.  Amen!

G o d
g r a n t
 m e   t h e
serenity   to   accept   the
 things   I   cannot   change;
the   courage   to   change 
the things
I  can,
and the
wisdom
to know
t h e 
difference.
A M E N !
"Let your life be free from love of money but be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never forsake you or abandon you.”
Thus we may say with confidence:
“The Lord is my helper,
[and] I will not be afraid.
What can anyone do to me?”  (Hebrews 13: 5 - 6)
Thank you Lord, I am beginning to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2