JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Endure your trials as discipline

"Endure your trials as “discipline; God treats you as sons. For what son” is there whom his father does not discipline?"  (Hebrews 12: 7)

Dear Father, I still remember the joy I felt when I encountered the above scripture during my Desert 95 Experience.  I can now describe it with words I learned from Scott Hahn thus:  "Your word transformed  what would have been a "Roman execution to a sacrifice."  I felt I could accept a sacrifice because much good could come from a sacrifice.  Looking back at that experience, I can now say confidently, Thank you Father.

Your consoling words came to me again in the midst of another trial.  When I heard your words, I knew that all is well..  Father, I pray for the following gifts during this trial: faith, wisdom, understanding, humility, courage and peace.  I need the constant companion of your Holy Spirit during the duration of this trial.  Father, make haste to help me..

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2