JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Build My House

"Go up into the hill country;
bring timber, and build the house
that I may be pleased with it,
and that I may be glorified, says the LORD."  (Haggai 1: 8)

How do we contribute to building God's Church?

"Bring the whole tithe
into the storehouse,
That there may be food in my house.
Put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts,
And see if I do not open the floodgates of heaven for you,
and pour down upon you blessing without measure!"  (Malachi 3: 10)

Our tithe of time, talent and treasure is one way of making our contribution to the building of the kingdom.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides."  (Matthew 6: 33)

When the kingdom of God becomes our Number 1 priority in life, our contribution and our stake in the Enterprise become enhanced.  The sin of the Israelites in Haggai 1: 8 is that they delayed the completion of God's Temple till they finish their homes, thus making God's kingdom a secondary priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2