JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, October 13, 2013

"In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus."  (1 Thessalonians 5: 18)

What disappointment do I need to give thanks to God here and now?

My heart is broken by the news I got this afternoon that a dear couple, both of whom I love dearly and admire very are separated.  I call it separation because I don't believe in divorce.  God does not make mistakes.  God never fails. At the news,  I cried out, "O what a sad news on a Sunday."  For me, Sunday is the Day of the Lord; the Day of the Son.  It is a Day of joy.  Nothing should disturb the peace or joy on a Sunday.  The Day of the Resurrection.   As I grieved this news this afternoon,  I asked Jesus to place His hand on my heart and help me to be calm and think rationally. Then  I remembered the scripture verse of today:
"In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus."

So I decided to give thanks for the separation of these two dear friends.  I was at their wedding.  It reminded me then of the wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana. I was also in London the Saturday the prince and princess wedded.  Now I am consoled by this word of God below:

"We know that all things work for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.
 For those he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, so that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
And those he predestined he also called; and those he called he also justified; and those he justified he also glorified."  (Romans 8: 28 - 30)

Dear friends, join me in praying for N & M.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2