JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

The strong attraction of the Cross

"And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself."  (John 12: 32)

"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."  (1 Corinthians 1: 18)

Jesus predicted that men would be strongly attracted to the cross.  This prediction has proved true.  From the first instance of Christianity till this very day, the Cross has been a magnet to men.  Of all signs, it is the most unlikely to attract me.  But it sure does.  It reminds me of the sign of the manger:  a baby boy wrapped in swaddling clothes in a dismal environment.  Yet this is the sign by which the shepherds were to recognize the Child Jesus.  The Cross is the sign of salvation.  Acceptance of the Cross is acceptance of Jesus while rejection of the Cross is rejection of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2