JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Do not be discouraged by the apparent cost of discipleship. The reward is unbelievable.

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to follow Me [as My disciple], he must deny himself [set aside selfish interests], and take up his cross [expressing a willingness to endure whatever may come] and follow Me [believing in Me, conforming to My example in living and, if need be, suffering or perhaps dying because of faith in Me]."  (Matthew 16: 24 AMP)

At the beginning of the day, pray for grace to discern the cross Jesus wants you to pick up and bear that day.  Your cross may be in the area of health, family, money, job, tools and possessions, food or even worry about the future.  Whatever it is, you can raise your mind and heart to Jesus in the prayer below:

Dear Jesus, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; grant me the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.  Amen!

Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2