JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, November 07, 2016

Trust in the Lord and do good, that you may dwell in the land and fed in security.

"Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."  (Psalm 37: 4)

How does a child take delight in her mother?  When I was a kid, I enjoyed visiting my mother's shop on my way from school.  I was rewarded with cookies and peanuts which I still enjoy to this day.   I dashed in and out of the kitchen to the displeasure of my sisters when my mom prepared meals.  Reward: little pieces of meat and fish.

It is good to take delight in the LORD.  The rewards are higher and varied: peace, faith, understanding and presence.

King David took delight in the LORD through prayer, worship, psalms and songs.  He meditated often on the word of God.  The Lord called David "a man after my heart" (1 Samuel 13: 14) and forgave David his sins.

"The Lord makes firm the steps
 of the one who delights in him;
 though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand."  (Psalm 37: 23 -  24)

Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2