JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Lord chastened me severely but spared my life.

“My son, do not disdain the discipline of the Lord or lose heart when reproved by him; for whom the Lord loves, he disciplines; he scourges every son he acknowledges.”  (Hebrews 12 : 5 -  6 NABRE)

After I lost everything I had worked for, sick and penniless, I heard the above words from the pulpit at Mass one Sunday morning.  It was clearly addressed to me.  The word has met its owner.  For the rest of that Sunday,  I read and re-read the passage.  Gradually, the truth settled in my heart.  Abba Father was not punishing me for my sins but training me as a son.  By the end of that day, I resolved to accept all my trials as discipline.  My life was transformed.  It did not take long before I started to notice the peaceful fruit of righteousness that came from Abba Father's discipline.   Like David I crowed "Thank You Father for training me." (Psalm 118: 18)

Thank You Father.  Lead me, guide me, train me and use me.  Amen!

Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2