JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, February 27, 2017

Do not appear before the Lord empty-handed.

"Do not appear before the Lord empty-handed, for all that you offer is in fulfillment of the precepts. The offering of the just enriches the altar: a sweet odor before the Most High."  (Sirach 35: 6 - 8 NABRE)

I cannot forget the first I heard about not appearing before the LORD empty-handed.  I had assumed it was alright to whine: I have no money.  I have no job and blame the Lord for my situation.  Today, I remember the widow's mite and try to behave accordingly.  (Mark 12: 41 -  44;  Luke 21: 1 -  4)


"With a generous spirit pay homage to the Lord, and do not spare your freewill gifts. With each contribution show a cheerful countenance, and pay your tithes in a spirit of joy. Give to the Most High as he has given to you, generously, according to your means."  (Sirach 35: 10 - 12)

"For he is a God who always repays
and will give back to you sevenfold."  (Sirach 35: 13)

"Trust in God at all times, O my people!  Pour out your hearts before him."  (Psalm 62: 9)

Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2