JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, March 31, 2017

O Lord, My God, in You I take refuge.

“Let us destroy the tree in its vigor; let us cut him off from the land of the living, so that his name will no longer be remembered.”  (Jeremiah 11:  19 NABRE)

You would be excused if you think the above Scripture refers to Jesus.  It actually refers to Jeremiah the Prophet.  Jeremiah is here a type of Christ. Throughout the Old Testament, the personality of Jesus is shown through the character and work of key Bible characters.  The struggles of Jeremiah with his enemies will parallel that of Jesus with Jewish leaders.

" I knew it because the Lord informed me: at that time you showed me their doings."  (Jeremiah 11: 18).  Just as Jesus knew all the plots of His adversaries, God revealed to Jeremiah the plots of his enemies.

In Gethsemane, Jesus might have prayed using these sentiments of Jeremiah:

"Lord my God, in you I trusted; save me; rescue me from all who pursue me, Lest someone maul me like a lion, tear my soul apart with no one to deliver."  (Psalm 7: 2 - 3)

In the case of Jesus, the Father did not rescue Jesus from those who seek to destroy Him.

On Day 32 of 40 of Lent 2017,
We pray with the Psalmist,
"Let the malice of the wicked end.
Uphold the just one, O just God, who tries hearts and minds."  Psalm 7: 10)

Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2