JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, May 18, 2017

You are my friends. I have called you friends.

"You are my friends if you do what I command you.... I have called you friends, because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father."  (John 15: 14, 15 NABRE).

Jesus calls us His intimate friends, His closest friends.  Let us consider how Scripture characterizes true friendship:

"Faithful friends are beyond price,
no amount can balance their worth.
Faithful friends are life-saving medicine; those who fear God will find them.  Those who fear the Lord enjoy stable friendship, for as they are, so will their neighbors be."  (Sirach 6: 15 - 17 NABRE)

We are truly friends and companions of Jesus, the true and faithful Witness.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2