JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, August 05, 2017

This is My beloved Son. Please listen to Him.

“This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.”  (Matthew 17: 5).

"The sheep that belong to me listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me." (John 10: 27)

Whose voices are competing with Christ's voices for our attention today?

Media, Family, Friends, Teachers, Parents?
Why do we listen to our parents?
Why do we listen to our teachers?
Why do we listen to our government?
Why don't we listen to our Bishops?

"This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him." (Matthew 17:5)

Thank you Father for pointing Jesus to us. Open our hearts to listen to the words of your Son. Move our wills to obey him. 

We listen to Jesus in the Scriptures. St. Jerome says that ignorance of the Scriptures is ignorance of Christ. We listen to Jesus especially as the Scriptures are proclaimed in the Eucharist. We also listen to Jesus in prayers.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2