JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, September 01, 2017

God has poured His love into our hearts.

"Brothers and sisters:
On the subject of fraternal charity
you have no need for anyone to write you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another.  (1 Thessalonians  4:9).

Paul teaches that the overwhelming love of Jesus compels us to imitate Him and do the right thing. (2 Corinthians 5: 15). In Romans 5: 5, Paul gives a great revelation: The love of God has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit.  Years ago, when I accused myself of an utterly selfish nature, my priest confessor said that was nonsense and reminded me of Romans 5: 5.  This is our hope and hope never fails.

Where there is love, there is God.
The Holy Spirit fills our heart with the love of God.  This needs repeating.

We Christians do not love as the world loves. The world loves in a quid pro quo manner, that is, if you love me, I love you. But Christians love as Jesus loves us and teaches us to love.  Jesus loves us when we have nothing, when we are nothing. Imagine loving a homeless, dirty and sick guy who is a jail bird? If you rely on human nature, the answer is NO! But what if God pours His love into your heart and teaches how to love and trains you until you learn how to love like Him, then you can do it.

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."  (John 13: 34)

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2