JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Ask boldly. Ask with faith and you will receive.

Bartimaeus, the blind beggar sitting by the roadside asked for the cause of the unusual commotion.
"They told him, “Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.”
He shouted, “Jesus, Son of David, have pity on me!”  They shouted him down to keep quiet, "but he kept calling out all the more, “Son of David, have pity on me!”

Those who are well and have no need for doctor may never understand your pain or situation.
But Jesus understood and stopped. “What do you want me to do for you?”
He replied, “Lord, please let me see.”
Jesus told him, Have sight; your faith has saved you.”  (Cf Luke 18: 35 - 43)

Two lessons from the encounter of Bartimaeus and Jesus.
#1.  Come to Jesus with deep faith, which means simply that you believe that He is God and that nothing is impossible for Him.  Believe too that nothing is too marvelous for Jesus to do for you.
#2.  Be precise about your need or desire.  “Lord, please let me see.” "Lord I need a job desperately and urgently."  "Lord I need a partner for life."  "Lord I am dying of pain. Heal me now."

"Amen, I say to you: Whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you will receive, and it shall be given to you, says the Lord."  (Mark 11:  23 - 24).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2