JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, November 25, 2017

The Lord our King is a merciful Judge.

Sunday, November 26, is the Solemnity of Jesus Christ, King of the Universe.

Israel has always recognized God as their King and Master.

"The Lord is King for ever and ever."  Psalm 10: 16).
"For the Lord Most High is awesome, the great King over all the earth."  (Psalm 47: 2).

"For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our law Giver, the Lord is our king; it is he who will save us."  (Isaiah 33: 22).

What type of King is Jesus the Lord?
"I myself will search for my sheep and examine them.  As a shepherd examines his flock while he himself is among his scattered sheep, so will I examine my sheep."  (Ezekiel 34:  11 - 12)

Our King is a Shepherd King but infinitely more tender than the human Shepherd.

"The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack.
In green pastures he makes me lie down; to still waters he leads me."  (Psalm 23: 1 - 2).

This is the promise of our King Shepherd.  Let us receive this promise with great faith and joy.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2