JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, February 12, 2018

Do you still not understand?

"Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers and sisters: all good giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no alteration or shadow caused by change.  (James 1: 16 - 17).

Consider all the desires of your heart:  happy family, good health, great job, financial independence, etc.   Where is the source of the desire?  St Augustine teaches that every good desire has its source in God.  St James the Apostle teaches that the desires are perfect gift from God our Father.  (James 1: 15 - 17). Only He can fulfill them.

Consider carefully the questions of Jesus for us as we start Lent 2018:

"Do you not yet understand or comprehend? Are your hearts hardened?  Do you have eyes and not see, ears and not hear? And do you not remember?..... “Do you still not understand?”  (Mark 8: 17 - 18, 21).

The great Season of Lent starts tomorrow Wednesday with Ash Wednesday.  You may experience dramatic change in your mind set by using the words below as self-talk.

"I let go of my desire for security."
"I let go of my desire for affection."
"I let go of my desire for control ."
"I let go of my desire to change the situation."
"I let go of my desire for perfect health."
"I let go of my desire for perfect family harmony."
"I let go of my desire for the perfect job."
"I surrender, I trust and I obey."
(Inspired from the book of Fr. Thomas Keating).

"Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them." (John 13: 17)
Change happens not because of what you know but because of what you do daily.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2