JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, March 26, 2018

Every sin is a betrayal.

"Reclining at table with his disciples, Jesus was deeply troubled and testified,
“Amen, amen, I say to you, one of you will betray me.”  (John 13: 21).

Why is every sin a betrayal?

“How much will you pay me to betray Jesus to you?” And they gave him thirty pieces of silver."   (Matthew 26:15 NLT)

God permitted the betrayal and the humiliation of Jesus so that the plan formed long ago for our salvation will be fulfilled.

"You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."
(Genesis 50:20 NIV).

The betrayal of Joseph who became the Prince of Egypt by his brothers is a foreshadow of that of Jesus several centuries away.

Dearest Jesus, you are right. I can betray you and I will betray you unless you help me. Help me for I am weak. Help me for I do not want to betray you.

March 27, Tuesday of the holiest Week in 2018, what are the open doors in your life today? 

All “alien gods” of whatever nature, be they money, health, family, job, tools, food or love of security and comfort could  “take advantage of us”(Psalm 16: 4) and become open doors for temptation to betray Jesus.

Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2