JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, April 16, 2018

Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

"As they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” Then he fell to his knees and cried out in a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them”; and when he said this, he fell asleep."  (Acts 7: 59 - 60).

This is how St Stephen, the first Christian martyr died.  Was Stephen ready to die as he died and when he died?  The answer is in this statement: "Stephen said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”
Suffering and dying comes with the territory of the Prophet.  Consider Elijah, Jeremiah, John the Baptist, Jesus, Peter and Paul, etc.

When you say in the Lord's Prayer (Our Father): "Your Kingdom Come."  How much do you mean it? Are your permanent interests and permanent residence solidly here on earth?  Clearly not Stephen's!

St Augustine says:
"If you pray well, you live well. If you live well, you die well. If you die well, then all is well."

"Into your hands I commend my spirit; you will redeem me, Lord, God of truth. You hate those who serve worthless idols, but I trust in the Lord. I will rejoice and be glad in your mercy, once you have seen my misery, [and] gotten to know the distress of my soul."  (Psalm 31:  6 - 8).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2