JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, April 28, 2018

How do we bear much fruit in the Kingdom?

"Remain in me, as I remain in you. Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me.  I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing."  (John 15: 4 - 5)

How do we bear much fruit? Remain in Jesus.  What is the principle of productivity?  Abide in Christ.  How do we abide in Christ?

We live in Christ through the Sacraments, particularly the Eucharist. The Eucharist is a holy exchange of gift. Through it, Jesus shares with us His divine life. Another word for God's divine life in us is sanctifying grace.

We also live in Christ through his words. "If you remain in my word, you will know the truth and the truth will make you free."  (John 8: 31 - 33).

Our fruitfulness depends therefore on this dynamic relationship with Christ living in us.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2