JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Lord You know that I love You.

“Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was distressed that he [Jesus] had said to him a third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.”  (John 21:  17).

Why did Jesus ask Simon Peter three times if he loved him.  Peter denied Jesus three times on the night of His trial.  It is clear that Peter has come a full circle with his awareness of his sin and repentance.  Jesus wanted to let Peter put this misfortune once and for all behind him. Jesus wants a new beginning for the Prince of the Apostles.

What if Jesus asks you the same question:  "Do you love Me?" How would you answer?  I may answer thus:  "Yes Lord Jesus, I love You. Please take my weak and compromised love and make it strong."  Then Jesus says to me:  "Bring Me all your heart, all your mind, all your will. Bring Me all your time, talent and treasure. Bring Me all your weaknesses. Then come and follow Me."
Thank You Jesus.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2