JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

St Anthony was a great teacher and eminent preacher.

"But whoever obeys and teaches these commandments will be called greatest in the kingdom of heaven."  (Matthew 5: 19).

Today is the feast of St Anthony of Padua, 13th century Franciscan priest, Doctor of the Church, great teacher, eminent preacher, miracle worker.  He died at the age of 36.
God teaches us through the lives of holy men and women in the Bible.  God continues the pedagogy through the biographies of saints.  Their lives open a window into God's ways and His thoughts. (Cf Isaiah 55: 8 - 9).

Anthony pondered the law of God day and night and as His God promised, yielded abundant fruit in due season.  (Cf Psalm 1: 1 - 3).

St Anthony of Padua is the Patron Saint of lost things.  He became one of my patron saints when Microsoft wanted to deny me an email address I had for over 20 years before Microsoft acquired the Hotmail company.  I fought back calling on St Anthony to aid me.  I experienced the joy of answered prayer.

St Anthony pray for us.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2