JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, June 18, 2018

Have you found me out, my enemy?

“Have you found me out, my enemy?” (1 Kings 21: 21). 

These are the words of King Ahab to the Prophet Elijah when the prophet came to confront Ahab with the murder and loot of Naboth's land. Remember King David, Bethsheba and her husband?  No matter how secret your sin is, God knows the details.  King David left us Psalm 51, a masterpiece of penitential prayer.

After God imposed the severest punishment on Ahab and Queen Jezebel, husband and wife infamous for holding the Guinness Book of Records for wickedness in the Bible, you can't believe what King Ahab did.

"When Ahab heard these words, he tore his garments and put on sackcloth over his bare flesh. He fasted, slept in the sackcloth, and went about subdued."  (1 Kings 21: 27).

Even more incredible is God's response to Ahab's act of repentance:
"Since he has humbled himself before me, I will not bring the evil in his time. I will bring the evil upon his house in his son’s time."  (1 Kings 21:  29).

We learn from this Bible incident that to err is human. To be merciful and forgiving is God.
The ABC OF MERCY:
A: Ask for Mercy.
B: Be Merciful.
C: Completely trust Jesus for Mercy.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2