JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, June 25, 2018

Do not let your God in whom you trust deceive you.

 “Thus shall you say to Hezekiah, king of Judah: Do not let your God in whom you trust deceive you by saying, ‘Jerusalem will not be handed over to the king of Assyria." (1 Kings 19: 10).

You may call the above Scripture verse:  super power bravado.  We saw plenty of this recently between the US and North Korea.   The world had good experience of this throughout history.

This type of rant is not peculiar to dictators.  Who has not heard of doctors playing god and saying: "You have less than three months to live."  Or bank managers or supervisors boasting: "You are fired and will be completely ruined."

Now read the inspired response of Hezekiah King of Judah:
"Hezekiah took the letter from the hand of the messengers and read it; then he went up to the house of the Lord, and spreading it out before the Lord,  Hezekiah prayed in the Lord’s presence."  (2 Kings 19: 14).  Then Hezekiah poured out his heart before the Lord.

I have been inspired several times  to imitate Hezekiah literally.  The result  has been divine intervention.

Abba Father, I believe that You are watching over me night and day and that not a hair falls from my head without Your permission!
I believe that, in Your infinite Wisdom, You know better than I what is good for me.
I believe that, in Your infinite power, You can bring good even out of evil. 
In all the crises of my life, may I run to your holy Presence with confidence.  I ask for this in the mighty Name of Your Son Jesus Christ. Amen.

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2