JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Come to me with your anxieties, fears and burdens.

"Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest."  (Matthew 11:  28).

Are you weary? Are you overburdened by life's struggles? Health, Family, Money, Job and Worries about the Future?

Today I am celebrating the 4th anniversary of Passport.  Four years ago, I woke up suddenly at 5 am burdened by many crisis.  Still lying in bed, like King Hezekiah in Isaiah 38: 2, I turned my face to the wall and prayed directly to Abba Father.  I find that my prayer thoughts and sentiments are similar to the first Reading and the Responsorial Psalm for today's Liturgy from Isaiah 26: 7 - 19 and Psalms 102 respectively.
I prayed thus:

Lord, oppressed by Your heavy hand , I cry out in anguish under your discipline.  (Isaiah 26: 16).

"Lord, hear my prayer; let my cry come to you. Do not hide your face from me in the day of my distress.
Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly."  (Psalms 102: 2 - 3).

I was sobbing as I made this prayer.   A friend of mine told me many years ago that if you want to get God's attention, you must mix tears with prayers. I had never tried the idea.  Like Hezekiah, mine were genuine tears.

I continued to plead earnestly.
"You will again show mercy to me; now is the time for pity; the appointed time has come. Please no more delays"  (Cf Psalms 102: 14).

God saw my tears and heard my prayers.  He gave me an answer in one word:  "PASSPORT."  At the word, my soul was filled with joy. I jumped down from bed and concluded my morning prayers on my knees.  Two days later, I left for the inspired city almost a thousand miles away.  Today, I am celebrating the 4th anniversary of Passport.

My friends, in my experience, nothing is as sweet as the pure joy of answered prayer.  Why am I celebrating the 4th anniversary? Because I got this Scripture from EWTN Journey Home program this Monday, July 16th:

"Do not forget your ancient Landmarks."  (Proverbs 22: 28).
Your Landmarks are the gracious providences of God in your life.
Note them. Celebrate them.

"For the Lord will rebuild Zion and appear in his glory. He will respond to the prayer of the destitute; he will not despise their plea." (Psalms 102: 16 - 17).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2