JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, September 21, 2018

You can deal with anxiety.

"The seed is the word of God."  (Luke 8: 11).

We are the soil.

The Parable of the Sower is one of the best known of Jesus' parables and can be considered the most consequential.  Each person can easily recognize himself as a type of soil. "The seed that fell among thorns" gives us a template of which novels and movies are made.  From rags to riches and riches to rags.
The world is full of anxiety, fear and doubt.  Jesus says that these emotions are lethal for the implanted life of God in the soul.

"As for the seed that fell among thorns, they are the ones who have heard, but as they go along, they are choked by the anxieties and riches and pleasures of life, and they fail to produce mature fruit."  (Luke 8: 14).

How do we deal with anxiety? Two simple tools of Jesus:
#1 Prayer.
#2  Word of God.

Simple prayer of petition is always powerful. Example:  Lord help me overcome my anxiety. "Lord I am going to see the doctor, I am anxious. Please help me.  I am usually anxious at the end of the month because of the bills, help me Lord."  Make this simple prayer of petition habitual and you will be surprised to find how your stubborn anxieties are under control or completely eliminated.

The word of God is the promise of God.  God gives us these promises to help us live well.   I use the promises below frequently:

"Do not fear: I am with you; do not be anxious: I am your God.
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my victorious right hand."  (Isaiah 41: 10)

I count seven promises in the above Scripture verse. I claim them every morning.

"This I know: God is on my side!
I praise God for what he has promised; yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.  I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?"  (Psalm 56: 9 - 11 NLT).

It is powerful to remind God that you are asking for what He has promised. It gives you confidence.

The goal of the Christian life is to progressively make your soul a rich soil for the word of God.
"But as for the seed that fell on rich soil, they are the ones who, when they have heard the word, embrace it with a generous and good heart, and bear fruit through perseverance." (Luke 8: 15).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2