JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, September 16, 2018

How do you use the power of the word?

"Say the word and let my servant be healed."  (Luke 7: 7).

The encounter of Jesus with the Roman Centurion teaches us two lessons:
#1. The power of the the word.
#2.  The power of faith.

Do you appreciate the power of the word?   How do you react when a police officer barks "STOP!"  You freeze at the location.  The authority of the army officer like the Centurion lies only in the power of his word.  Listen to the Centurion describes how it works:

"For I too am a person subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come here,’ and he comes; and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”  (Luke 7: 8).

How about power of the word of Jesus.   It will be like comparing a 0.45 caliber pistol to an atomic blast.  God's power is in His word.  He created the world through His word.  "Let there be light."  Wow!  There was light! 

How was the Centurion able to figure out the power of Jesus?  Theologians teach that "grace builds on nature."   God gave the Centurion the natural grace of being a commanding officer.  When he heard of Jesus and His miracles, he understood what was going on. He believed! Jesus was impressed and answered his prayer.

“I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith.”  (Luke 7: 9).

We too have the power of the word. The word of God is the promise of God. The word of God is His decree or law.  God wants us to use His words in prayer with expectant faith.  "You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."  (John 14: 14).  Ask!

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2