JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, October 03, 2018

I will follow you when I am ready.

“I will follow you, Lord, but first let me say farewell to my family at home.”  (Luke 9: 61).

I will follow You Jesus but...
What is your "But"?  For the young man above, it is family. People have held back their commitment with excuses like:
I will follow you but let me complete my education or my home...
I will follow you but I want to get married first...

Do you know that Jesus knows exactly what you need and when we need it?
Jesus seems to say that the invitation cannot wait.  When the call "Follow me" comes, leave everything and follow Him. Jesus knows when you are ready enough for His purpose.  Go.  Forward Ever, Backward Never.  “No one who sets a hand to the plow and looks to what was left behind is fit for the kingdom of God.”  (Luke 9: 62).

The Kingdom of God and establishing Jesus' manner of righteousness is the top priority for Jesus throughout His public ministry.  Should it be less for us?

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides."  (Matthew 6: 33).

Do not be afraid. No one can outdo Jesus in generosity.  He was faithful to His first disciples. He is faithful today. He will always be faithful.
"Remember your word to your servant by which you give me hope.  This is my comfort in affliction, your promise that gives me life."  (Psalm 119: 49 - 50).  That promise never fails!

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2