JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, November 05, 2018

They sold their inheritance for a bowl of soup.

 "Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in here the poor and the crippled, the blind and the lame." (Luke 14: 21).

Jesus was a guest at a dinner when He told the parable of guests invited to a sumptuous dinner by a man. That man is Jesus. That dinner is the Wedding of the Lamb.  Those invited were His friends, the baptized and supposedly redeemed.  Listen to their excuses for turning down the invitation:

"I have purchased a field and must go to examine it.... And another said, ‘I have purchased five yoke of oxen and am on my way to evaluate them... ‘I have just married a woman, and therefore I cannot come."  (Luke 14: 18 - 20).

Tell me if you are this King, what would you do?  Unfortunately, this parable plays out Sunday after Sunday across the world where the Prince of Peace summons His friends to the Eucharistic Feast and the invited guests turn down the invitation.

The judgment on the foolish guests is understandably severe.  Like Esau, they sold their inheritance for a bowl of soup. (Cf Genesis 25: 29 - 34).
"For, I tell you, none of those men who were invited will taste my dinner."  (Luke 14: 24).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2