JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, April 22, 2019

I have seen the Lord.

"Mary of Magdala went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord,” and what he told her." (John 20: 18).

Tuesday in the Octave of Easter. Mary Magdalene encountered the risen Jesus at the graveyard and did not at first recognize the Lord. Sent by Jesus to His brothers, Mary Magdalene became the first bearer, missionary of the Good News.

"I have seen the Lord", announced Mary. Have you encountered the Lord this Lent or Easter Season? I encountered the Lord on Holy Thursday when I walked into the Church for the Holy Thursday Liturgy. Deacon Ralph rose from his seat in the Sanctuary and said to me: "The Lord will be washing your dirty feet tonight." I beamed with smile and said Yes. I knew instantly that I was experiencing a wonderful encounter with the loving and merciful Jesus. A couple of years ago, while preparing for the Holy Thursday service, I had reacted to Peter's hesitation that the Lord will wash his feet by saying: "Lord, I will allow you to wash my feet." I walked into the Church (a different one) and the sacristan came to me and asked me to be one of the those whose feet will be washed. "Certainly not." I answered. Ten minutes later the sacristan came back to me and said: "Are you sure you will not want your feet to be washed?" I said firmly "No." Later I was convicted of my behavior. By the mercy of Divine Providence, I remembered the incident on the morning of Holy Thursday last week. So I was ready for the Lord. Deacon Ralph must have wondered the reason for the smile and joy of the Lord washing my feet.

"Do you not yet understand, and do you not remember?" (Matthew 16: 9).

Yes Lord, I remember. I understand.

"If you have risen with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God; mind the things that are above, alleluia." (Colossians 3: 1 - 2).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2