JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, April 05, 2019

In my extremity, I cried to the Lord. He heard my cry.

"The waves of death rose about me; the pains of the netherworld surrounded me.In my anguish I called to the Lord,and from his holy temple he heard my voice."
(Cf. Psalm 18: 5, 7).

Our reflection today, Saturday in the 4th week of Lent 2019 is from Psalm 18 which is used in the Entrance Antiphon. Have you ever been overwhelmed by seemingly insurmountable problems? Let us face it, very few of us have gone through the experience of martyrdom. Christ tasted this during His Passion and Crucifixion.

The message of our Scripture today is the infallible power of prayer. Ask, seek and knock. You shall not ask, seek or knock in vain. Jesus Christ knew after His painful cry from the Cross that His Father would not abandon Him to the underworld. Psalm 22 which He quoted from the Cross ended in a triumphant note.
God provides all our necessities through His loving Providence. Quit doubting. Believe!

"Praise and honour to you, Lord Jesus!
Blessed are those who, with a noble and generous heart,take the word of God to themselvesand yield a harvest through their perseverance.
Praise and honour to you, Lord Jesus!" (Cf Luke 8: 15).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2