JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, July 15, 2019

Who do you turn to in your needs?

"Turn to the Lord in your needs, and you will live." (Responsorial Psalm 69).

Tuesday of the 15th week in Ordinary Time is the feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel. This feast started in England in 1251 with the apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary to St Simon Stock, the Superior General of the Carmelite Order. It did not become a universal feast till 1726. Catholics still wear the blessed Scapula everywhere to honor Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

"Turn to the Lord in your needs, and you will live" exhorts our Scripture pick for today. If you are needy in any way, you will not fail to be struck by this word of God. Why does the Eternal Father counsel us to turn to Him in our needs in order to live? Two important reasons occur to me:

#1 "Man's extremity is God's opportunity. Man's prosperity is Satan's opportunity."

#2 Turning to God in prayer, worship, praise and thanksgiving is God's ordained means of receiving His favors and blessings.

Psalm 69 continues:

"This is my prayer to you, my prayer for your favor. In your great love, answer me, O God, with your help that never fails.

"As for me in my poverty and pain let your help, O God, lift me up. I will praise God’s name with a song; I will glorify him with thanksgiving.

"The poor when they see it will be glad and God-seeking hearts will revive; for the Lord listens to the needy and does not spurn his servants in their chains. (Responsorial Psalm: 69:14, 30-31,33-34).

I thank You Father that You drew me out when I was sunk in the abysmal swamp where there is no foothold. I cried for help through this Psalm and You saved me.

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2