JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, July 22, 2019

How you can become a brother, sister and mother of Jesus.

"For whoever does the will of my heavenly Father is my brother, and sister, and mother.” (Matthew 12: 50).

Tuesday of the 16th week in Ordinary Time is the feast of St Bridget of Sweden (1303 - 1373). St Bridget, a mother of 8 children became a Franciscan tertiary after the death of her husband. She founded a religious order and dedicated her life in contemplation and wrote many ascetical and mystical works.

Our daily bible verse today fits the profile of St Bridget. Through study, prayer and contemplation, she discerned the will of God. She became the sister and mother of Jesus.

Many of us imagine that the will of God is burdensome. Like teenagers, we feel that the will of God constrains our liberty. I thought like this myself until I discovered the intent of God's will through His commandment: "You must keep holy the Lord's Day." I asked myself: 'Why does God give us this commandment?" To punish us? I had worked for decades. Never once did my boss say: "Take off Friday and enjoy yourself. You will receive full pay for the day." This is what Father God does in giving us the 4th Commandment. Every one of the 10 Commandments is to enhance our liberty and enjoyment of life. Satan deceived Adam and Eve about God's intent in asking them not to eat of the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden.

"The law of the Lord is perfect,
refreshing the soul.
The decree of the Lord is trustworthy, giving wisdom to the simple.
The precepts of the Lord are right,
rejoicing the heart.
The command of the Lord is clear,
enlightening the eye." (Psalm 19: 8 - 9).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2